Thursday, November 27, 2008

Froch at home in Nottingham

Carl Froch says there is only one place for true British boxing fans to be on Saturday 6th December – at the Trent FM Arena Nottingham or watching live on ITV1. The former British and Commonwealth champion challenges Canadian Jean Pascal in a clash of two unbeaten stars for the vacant and prestigious WBC World Super-Middleweight Title on a Hennessy Sports show. ITV1 will show the action live in the UK and ‘The Cobra’ Froch is confident the night will be his crowning glory when he hopes to become Britain’s next big marquee boxing star. Froch says his showdown with Pascal is the biggest boxing event in the UK that weekend. “There’s only one place to be on 6th December and that’s the Trent FM Arena Nottingham, or if you can't be there watching the fight live on ITV1,” said Carl. “There’s no other fight in Britain that is bigger than it, so why would you want to go anywhere else? “It’s all set up for me and it’s a great opportunity for me to show I can do the business on terrestrial TV. It’s time Britain has a new boxing star and I will make myself a superstar by beating Pascal in style. “People will have to get behind me after I win that belt because there’s going to be a void at the top if Joe Calzaghe and Ricky Hatton retire next year. “My fight is the real deal and any knowledgeable boxing people will know what show to be at. This is a WBC title fight between two young, dangerous, hungry, unbeaten fighters. “This is not a domestic fight for a bogus so-called world title. This is the real deal. This is the number one belt in world title boxing. “Boxing on terrestrial TV is what makes household names and superstars and this is my chance. I’m going to unleash hell on the night and I’ve got everything in my corner.” Promoter Mick Hennessy says Froch-Pascal is an event not be missed by any British boxing fan. “It doesn’t get any better than this I honestly believe that if Carl comes through this fight the way I believe he can, then the country will witness the unveiling of a world superstar," said Hennessy. "I hope all of the press and media will be there to witness something special and the fans tune in to see it. It’s a very dangerous fight for Carl and I believe Jermain Taylor would have been an easier fight than Pascal, who is a former amateur star and very athletic. He has got great hand speed and can punch with either hand.” Big Fight Live starts at 8.45pm on ITV4 & Carl’s WBC title fight is live on ITV1 at 10.45pm. Tickets are available from the 24 hour Box Office at the Trent FM Arena on 08444 124 624 or via http://www.trentfmarenanottingham.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home