Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Froch goes after Taylor

WBC Super Middleweight king Carl Froch seems to be ruffling a few feathers as he looks to put American boxing fans on notice about his intentions to clean up the super middleweight division starting with Jermain Taylor. A tabloid U.S. boxing website published a factually incorrect report on Saturday 10th January that the Cobra would be sidelined until June with a rib injury. Froch quickly moved to deny the story stating that he is ready, willing and able to meet mandatory challenger Jermain Taylor as soon as the fight can be signed and sealed. Purse bids for the bout have been called for Friday week with the two to meet within 90 days of the bid. Now the same website that published the report is rowing back on their initial claims but still taking cheap shots at Froch. “I seem to have upset this Mark Marley guy a bit,” said a bemused Froch. “He’s stuck another piece on his website calling me every name under the sun. Despite all his bluster he still hasn't managed to explain where he came up with the story that I would be out injured until June.“I’ve never heard of this clown before but he says he once met Muhammad Ali or something. Anyway whoever he is it would appear that his website has about as much class as the guy himself. I got a headache just looking at it.“He points to quotes I gave to Ron Lewis in the Times as proof that I was going to be out injured until June. Surely any respected journalist would do a little more research than that before writing a piece. In fact if he’d read the entire piece with Ron in the Times he’d have known that I’ve already started back training for my first defence and expect to be back in the ring in early April. “In fact this week there was even talk of a March 28th date with Taylor and I’d have no problem with that either. I just want to get the fight on and prove to the world that I’m the best super middleweight out there.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home