Thursday, February 12, 2009

Munroe is a Knockout

RENDALL MUNROE has promised to deliver a knockout performance when he defends his European super-bantamweight title against old rival Kiko Martinez at Barnsley Metrodome on Friday 27th February. Munroe (17-1) caused one of the biggest ring upsets of 2008 last March when he outpointed the heavy handed Spaniard to claim the Euro crown. And the Leicester binman has catapulted into the world rankings with three successful defences since his epic win over Martinez (20-1). Southpaw Munroe, 28, said: "I am going to show everyone how much I have learned in this rematch. "The only way to better what I did last time is to stop him and I think I can do that. If I get the chance, I will go for the knock-out. "I know I surprised a lot of people when I outpointed him and now I'm planning to knock him out." Martinez, 22, has 12 wins inside three rounds on his record but Munroe is prepared for the challenger's whirlwind start. He added: "I know people think I'm a slow starter and Martinez has got a lot of quick knock-outs, so he's going to come out with all guns blazing. "He's going to come out throwing bombs. He is a puncher.." A special attraction on the show being televised by Sky Sports is the professional debut of Olympic light-heavyweight bronze medallist Tony Jeffries. Also on the bill Munroe's stable mate Derby's Scott Haywood (19-2) challenges WBC ranked number three light welterweight Ajose Olusegun (25-0) for the Commonwealth light-welterweight title. Tickets priced £35 and £75 are selling fast. You can order from www.frankmaloney.com and 0871 226 1508.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home