Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Anderson's quest for a Title

Scottish sensation Kenny Anderson is aiming for an explosive victory over Nathan King on Friday night. The pair clash for the Vacant Celtic Super-Middleweight title at the Bellahouston Sports Centre, Glasgow, as chief support to Ricky Burns' Commonwealth super-featherweight title defence against Michael Gomez. The fight is 26-year-old Anderson's first for a title, and he is looking to extend his unbeaten run to 10 fights against gritty Welshman King live on Sky Sports 2. And the 2006 Commonwealth Games gold medallist says that once he has dealt with King, he'll be looking to capture the British title before the year is out. "King is pretty experienced and he's only been stopped once, so I've prepared for a hard 10 rounds," said Edinburgh ace Anderson. "This is just the kind of test that I need at this stage of my career, and I'm desperate to impress, especially as my fight will be screened on Sky. "But victory on Friday will just be the start. "My ultimate aim is to win a world title, but my immediate target is the Lonsdale belt. "I'm improving with every fight, and within 12 months I'm confident I will have that title. "The domestic super-middleweight scene is in transition at the moment because Carl Froch has gone on to world level, and I plan to take advantage of the power vacuum. "When I was growing up my heroes were the likes of Steve Collins, Nigel Benn, Chris Eubank and Joe Calzaghe, and I want to follow in their footsteps."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home