Friday, March 20, 2009

Burns makes his Mark

Body art fan Ricky Burns is planning his latest tattoo - a knocked out Michael Gomez.Commonwealth super-featherweight champion Burns will make the second defence of his title in Glasgow on March 27 against hard-hitting veteran Gomez. Sky Sports televise live. And the 25-year-old is so confident of victory he has devised a unique way of celebrating it. "I've been working with my tattooist on a design to mark my win," said Burns. "It's Gomez after I've knocked him out! "I had a tattoo done after I won the Commonwealth title, my first major professional belt, and I'll get one to remember the Gomez fight by as well." Burns, from Coatbridge, Scotland, has a 25-2 (6) record and is unbeaten in 10 fights. And he says he is planning more tattoo designs to commemorate different stages of his boxing career. "After I've beaten Gomez, I want to clean up domestically," he added. "My two targets are British champion Kevin Mitchell, and former world champion Nicky Cook. "I've been after Mitchell for a while but I'm not sure he wants the fight. "With all the wins and tattoos I've got planned, I might have to go up a few weight divisions to fit them all on my body!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home