Monday, March 16, 2009

Napa in Title Defence

IAN NAPA believes he is now making up for lost time after wasting his early professional years.The East London stylist fights on his doorstep at Newham Leisure Centre on March 20 when he makes the first defence of his European bantamweight title against Frenchman Malik Bouziane (10-1). Napa, 30, delivered a career best performance in October when he grabbed the Euro crown from Carmelo Ballone. It was Napa's fifth straight win and proved that he is finally showing the promise expected when he turned professional almost 11 years ago. Napa (18-6) said: "I mixed with the wrong crowd when I was younger and I have learned from my mistakes. I've learned the value of dedication, "Every fighter on the planet dreams of a world title fight and I will prove myself when I get a chance. I am world class. "Bouziane is a big test for me and if I want to be taken seriously at the highest level I need to show my best form when we meet."A second title fight on bill sees Bristol star Lee Haskins (18-2) defend his British super-flyweight title against Nottingham's Jason Booth (31-5). Other fights on an impressive undercard include British featherweight title contender Akaash Bhatia (13-0), heavyweight Larry Olubamiwo (3-0) and flyweight Ashley Sexton (4-0).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home