Monday, August 10, 2009

Froch faces Dirrell in Nottingham

WBC Super Middleweight Champion Carl Froch recently celebrated his 32nd birthday but the “Cobra” believes he’s still improving and he has the evidence to back it up. Froch is part of the groundbreaking new Super Six concept which will ultimately crown the World’s best Super Middleweight and produce a leading candidate for the best pound for pound fighter in the world.
The Nottingham man kicks off his Super Six campaign against unbeaten American Andre Dirrell in front of his hometown fans at the Trent FM Arena on October 17th. Froch has already established himself as one of the world’s most exciting fighters following back to back thrillers with Jean Pascal and Jermain Taylor in WBC title fights but he’s adamant that the best is yet to come. The undefeated Froch explained, “I’m very methodical in my approach to my training and I’ve kept a diary since I turned pro and it logs every run, every sit up, every sparring session I’ve ever had and how I’ve felt mentally after each session. “Basically the diaries record every punch I’ve thrown in my pro career. Every training session gets recorded and it means I can look back and see how I’m progressing, not just through an individual training camp but through my entire career. “I’ve compared the times and stats with stuff I’ve been doing in the gym through the years and I’m still improving on them so I’m getting better and better. I honestly don’t believe I’ve reached my peak yet and the diaries back that up. “I’ve already filled seven diaries and I plan on filling quite a few more before I hang up my gloves. I was a late developer and turned pro quite late so I believe that I still have plenty of time left at the top. I live the life that a top class athlete should lead. I don’t abuse my body and I’m always within a few pounds of my fighting weight and I believe all those things are crucial to extending your career.” Froch’s Super Six rivals include WBA champ Mikkel Kessler, IBF Middleweight champ Arthur Abraham, former Undisputed Middleweight title holder Jermain Taylor, Olympic Gold medallist Andre Ward and the brash, undefeated Dirrell. Dirrell has already predicted that his date with Froch on October 17th will prove to be his “easiest fight” in the Super Six series. A bronze medallist from the 2004 Olympic Games Dirrell has raced to 18 straight wins in the pro ranks with 13 KO’s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home