Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Smith's Super Middleweight Clash

Paul Smith says moving to super-middleweight has been the best decision he's ever made - and is promising the best performance of his career on October 30. Smith will challenge Tony Quigley at the Liverpool Echo Arena for the British title in a mouth-watering all-Merseyside affair. Joint top of the bill will see Kell Brook defend his British welterweight title against Michael Jennings in a another cracking domestic showdown. Smith, 26, has built up a 27-1 (15) record as a professional, and believes a victory against Quigley will show more of the potential which swept him to a silver medal at the 2002 Commonwealth Games in Manchester. But he says switching to 12 stone has worked wonders, and he's now ready to deliver in style against his red rival. "I feel really sharp at the weight after struggling for so long at middleweight, and my power is coming through because I'm much stronger" said Smith. "I've always said that given the right opponent and the right fight, then it will bring out the best in me and this fight is right up my street," "Believe me, Quigley is just that kind of opponent, and everyone is going to see just what I can do on October 30 because this is easily the biggest fight of my career. "Not only is the British title on the line, local pride is at stake, and that's a huge motivation going into this one. "I feel like the loser won't be able to show his face in Liverpool, and that makes me even more determined that it won't be me. "The whole city is buzzing about this one, and it's a very exciting fight for Liverpool. "Ever since I turned professional, people have been saying that they will come out in force when I fight for a big title at the Echo Arena, and now that moment has come."Tickets priced at £30 (Tier), £40 (Tier), £50 (Tier), £100 (Floor), £150 (Floor) and £200 (Ringside) are available from: Liverpool Echo Arena 0844 8000 40 www.accliverpool.com/ Ticketmaster 0844 847 2500 www.ticketmaster.co.uk Frank Warren Promotions 01992 550 888 www.frankwarren.tv/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home