Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Brook targets fight with Cotto

British sensation Kell Brook says he's ready for the likes of top pound-for-pounder Miguel Cotto right now - and he'll prove it by knocking out Michael Jennings. The pair meet in a mouthwatering clash at the Liverpool Echo Arena on October 30, with Brook's British welterweight title on the line. And the champion has vowed to do a better job on Jennings than Cotto did earlier this year. The Puerto Rican halted Jennings in five rounds in a clash for the WBO World Welterweight title in the States and now has a mega-fight against Manny Pacquiao on November 14 in Las Vegas. But KO artist Brook, who has won all four of his British title fights with early stoppages, has vowed to blast Jennings out even quicker. "I am ready for Miguel Cotto now," said 23-year-old Special K. "I am going to do a better performance than Cotto, I am going to get Jennings out of there before Cotto did. "I am on a high at the moment, but no one has really brought the best out of me yet, and I promise everyone that haven't seen anything yet. "I am a top level fighter and I am ready for the best out there - I know what I can do in the gym. "People have seen the guys that I have been fighting and have been saying that I am going to beat them on points, but I have been doing a job on them early. "I am ready to go to the next level and I am ready to go to the top." With his third-round victory against Michael Lomax in Manchester in July, Brook secured a Lonsdale belt outright in just his 20th fight. And he says that there's no way he's giving up his British title to Jennings. "I could have by-passed Jennings, but I've always wanted this fight," said Brook. "When I first turned professional Michael was one of the top guys out there, and I've always wanted to fight him. "He's a good kid and I haven't got a bad word to say about him, but he's going to get beat. "He's a great technical boxer and his name has always been up there, but he's no threat to me, no threat at all. "When I was young I dreamed about winning the British title, and it's a dream come true to actually have the belt outright so I can show my kids and my grandkids. "It's the best belt in the world and it's not going anywhere." Tickets priced at £30 (Tier), £40 (Tier), £50 (Tier), £100 (Floor), £150 (Floor) and £200 (Ringside) are available from: Liverpool Echo Arena 0844 8000 400
www.accliverpool.com Ticketmaster 0844 847 2500 www.ticketmaster.co.uk
Frank Warren Promotions 01992 550 888 www.frankwarren.tv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home