Friday, October 02, 2009

Rogan's Fairytale Fight

Belfast heavyweight Martin Rogan says he feels like Peter Pan and has vowed to be Captain Hook when he meets Sam Sexton next month. Rogan will take on Sexton at Belfast's Odyssey Arena on November 6 in an eagerly anticipated Commonwealth Heavyweight Title rematch.Sexton won the first fight in controversial circumstances when he halted Rogan on a swollen-eye stoppage in the eighth round in May. It was the 38 year-old's first defeat - but he says despite giving away more than a decade to Sexton, he feels younger than ever in training. "I'm like Peter Pan the moment," said Rogan. "Training is going so well that if someone told me I could fly I would believe them. "I've definitely found the secret to eternal youth because I'm fitter and stronger now than I was when I was 21. "I'm still more than a month away from fight night, but if I had to go 20 rounds with Sexton tomorrow night, I could do. "I'm in the shape of my life and Sexton is going to be in a big trouble next month. "He was puffing and panting in our first fight after six rounds, so imagine what he's going to be like against a fitter, hungrier fighter." Rogan vowed to stop Sexton on November 6 - and do to so early. "I'm preparing for war, and while I feel like Peter Pan in training camp, I'm going to be Captain Hook at the Odyssey - Sexton's going down in a blitz and I'll be looking to take him out early doors," added the fiery Irishman. Tickets, priced at £25 (tier), £30 (tier), £40 (central tier), £60 (floor), £100 (floor) and £150 (ringside) are available from: Odyssey Arena Box Office 02890 739 074
www.odysseyarena.com Ticketmaster 0844 277 4455 www.ticketmaster.ie Frank Warren Promotions 01992 550 888 http://www.frankwarren.tv/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home