Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Brook looks to Shine in Liverpool

Welterweight ace Kell Brook plans on taking a step closer to a world title shot on Friday - and then watching the man he wants to beat 24 hours later. Brook boxes Poland's Krzysztof Bienias in an eliminator for the WBO World title on Friday night in Liverpool. And the next night holder Manny Pacquiao defends against Joshua Clottey in the States. "After I've knocked out Bienias I'll sit down in front of the television and watch the Pacquiao fight," said Brook. "If I hadn't been fighting on Friday I might have gone to the States to be ringside. "Manny is the man to beat at the moment, and it's either him or Mayweather who is the pound-for-pound number one."Pacquiao's not unbeatable, he's has been beaten before, it will take a special fighter to beat him right now. "Obviously I need more fights before I face him, but if the fight did happen, I'd be excited at the opportunity rather than worried about the result." Brook, 23, revealed that he's got his sights set on another fighter familiar to Pacquiao - Miguel Cotto. The Puerto Rican, who last year beat Michael Jennings, lost his WBO crown to Pacquiao. But he remains high in the ratings at number three, three places ahead of Brook. "Cotto would be a great fight for me," said Brook. "I'd be out for a bit of revenge for the UK after he beat Jennings last year. "He's a great fighter and definitely world class, but he might have had his time. "I can see a scenario where Pacquiao gives up the title, and may be me and Cotto get it on for the vacant belt. If that's the case then bring it on. "I grew up in an era where Ricky Hatton was constantly chasing a big fight against Kotsya Tyszu.
"Watching him made me realise that you have got to be patient and make sure you pick your moment, but I'm growing in confidence with every fight."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home