Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Chisora to face Williams at West Ham

Rising heavyweight star Derek Chisora has finally got his opportunity at Danny Williams for his British Heavyweight title after Sam Sexton withdrew from his fight against the Brixton bomber. Commonwealth champion Sexton was due to face Williams on the undercard of Kevin Mitchell's world title fight at West Ham United football ground on Saturday 15th May, but Sexton has had to withdraw. Williams was supposed to fight Chisora in February at Wembley Arena when Sexton pulled out because of hand injury, but claimed he couldn't get himself in the right frame of mind to face the unbeaten Chisora. Finchley puncher Chisora instead fought Carl Baker in a British title eliminator who he stopped in two rounds. "First of all my thoughts are with Sam and his family at this time and I hope his mother makes a full recovery," said the 25-year-old. "The opportunity to fight Williams again was presented to me and took the fight straight away," "I was left frustrated by the messing about in the last fight when I was supposed to fight him and took my anger out on Baker, but I'm happy that Williams has seen sense and will fight me at West Ham," "I'm really psyched up for the fight already and this is the type of fight I need to bring out the best in me that people haven't seen yet," He added, "It's going to be a huge night at West Ham and I'm looking forward to being crowned British champion."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home