Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Katsidis looking to spoil the Party

Michael Katsidis is relishing a big return to the UK to take on Kevin Mitchell - because British crowds make him fight like Rocky. The dynamite-fisted Aussie defends his interim WBO World lightweight title against Mitchell on May 15 at West Ham's world famous Boleyn Ground at Upton Park. And Katsidis admits that he'll get a hostile reception in London's east end. But the 29-year-old power puncher isn't fussed after previously coming to the UK to take on Graham Earl in a thriller at Wembley Arena in 2007. That night he was booed to the ring by a 10,000 strong crowd, but left to cheers after being involved in an all-out thriller which saw both men trading leather during five explosive rounds. And he says that although he'll walk into Upton Park a villain, he'll leave a hero. "I wanted this fight in my home state of Queensland, but the next best thing is having it in London," said Katsidis. "My fight against Graham Earl was a very special occasion, but Mitchell will be even better. "Fighting in front of British crowds is something else, I promise you. "My fight against Earl was like Rocky IV when Rocky has to go to Russia to face Ivan Drago. "When the fight starts everyone hates him, but by the end they are on their feet cheering."That's what happened with Graham Earl because in that fight we both took a lot of punishment and showed that we were prepared to go out on our shields. "I've got lots of happy memories of that night because I won my title and that allowed me to go to America and make a name for myself there. "Mitchell will do the same for my profile, and no one will be going home disappointed with the quality of the action. I've got this whole warrior image and it won't be changing it for this fight. "There will be thousands of Aussies in the crowd as well, and when me and Kevin get it on, the atmosphere will be unbelievable."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home