Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Gallas crosses North London Divide

William Gallas has said that he cannot wait to open the latest chapter of his already illustrious career after putting pen to paper on a one-year deal with the Club. The France defender trained with his new team-mates on Monday and arrives in N17 with two Premier League titles and a League Cup winner’s medal to his name from his time at former club Chelsea, as well as 84 international caps for France. And despite being one of few players to cross the North London divide, having spent the last four seasons at Arsenal, William is focusing on the positives and getting his fitness levels back up. In an exclusive interview, he said: ““The atmosphere is great here. I like that and I’m just looking forward to playing as soon as possible and winning some games. “It was not an easy decision [having played for Arsenal] but I am here now and I will give my best. What is most important to me is to play games and to give everything. “I just want to be fit as soon as possible, train with my teammates and play matches. I want to show everybody I am still here.” William joins us at an exciting time for the Club as we prepare for our first-ever Champions League tie at White Hart Lane with the second leg of our Play-Off with BSC Young Boys coming up on Wednesday. We trail 3-2 from the first leg but William is confident the team can overturn the narrow deficit and progress to the group stages. Our latest signing has played in Europe’s elite competition in each of the past seven seasons and believes his new club are more than capable of competing at that level. And he insists the sky is the limit for us domestically after our top four Premier League finish last season. William added: "Finishing fourth last season shows Spurs have improved a lot and I hope this season we are going to finish even higher, maybe even win the Premier League. We just have to believe in ourselves. We have got young players with great quality, they just have to believe in their capacity to do something and I hope we can achieve this. "Spurs are ready for the Champions League, even though they lost the first game. I have seen the game and the team showed character to come back.“I am confident we will win that game on Wednesday because all the players know it is very important to play in the Champions League.“I have played many games in the Champions League. It is the best level to play at as you are up against the biggest teams and you can show how good you are. “The atmosphere is so great. When you hear the music, you just want to get on the pitch and battle for 90 minutes, and it would be good for Spurs.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home