Thursday, March 20, 2008

Rees Calls Out Khan

Gavin Rees says he'll give Amir Khan a pasting - after he's dealt with Andreas Kotelnik in Cardiff on Saturday night.The Rock defends his WBA light-welterweight crown at the CIA against his dangerous mandatory challenger, live on Setanta Sports.But he believes he will win - and then go on to wreck the career of Khan later this year." Kotelnik is a good fighter, and I know I'll have my work cut out to beat him," said undefeated Rees, who won the belt against Souleymane M'Baye last summer." But I'm in the shape of my life and ready to go 12 hard rounds against anyone. I don't believe Kotelink can beat me."And the 27-year-old Welshman added that he also fancies a shot at Commonwealth lightweight champion Khan." He's been opening his gob a lot recently, but if he does that when he's near me I'll stick my fist straight in it," said Rees at a public work out today." Khan reckons he's Mr Big, but put him in the ring with me and I'll give him a right good pasting. I really believe I'll smash him to pieces." After I've sent Kotelnik packing I'll be straight on the phone to our promoter Frank Warren begging him to get the Khan fight done, because I'll knock him out in six rounds."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home