Thursday, June 19, 2008

Khan Eyes Winner of Pacquiao and Diaz

WBC #4 ranked lightweight Amir Khan will be keeping a close eye on next weekend's fight between Manny Pacquiao and David Diaz - and says he wants the winner. The pair fight for the WBC World Lightweight title in Las Vegas on June 28. And Khan is hoping that he'll be in line to fight whoever emerges victorious. "I'm fighting in front of a 10,000 sell out on Saturday night so I think I'm one of the main men in the division," said Khan. "And by the end of the year I'm not just going to be one of the main men, I'm going to the number one, and everyone's going to be after me. "I've got a high rating with both the WBO and the WBC, and I feel ready for a world title shot. "Diaz and Pacquiao are both great fighters, but I'm confident that I could beat both of them. Khan defends his Commonwealth lightweight title at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham on Saturday night against Michael Gomez - live and exclusive on ITV1. And he is aiming to fight for his first world title before the end of the year. WBA/IBF/WBO world champion Nate Campbell is also on Khan's agenda, and promoter Frank Warren has held talks with the American. "I'd love to fight Campbell," enthused Khan. "I've dreamed about becoming a world champion all my life and I'm nearly there. "I read some of the stuff that Campbell said about me the other week, and it just made me laugh. "After I've taken his world titles away from him he'll be giving me the respect I deserve. "But I can't get too far ahead of myself, and I have to do a job on Gomez first on Saturday night. "He's got nothing to lose and that makes him a very dangerous fighter. "I want Gomez to be at his best because I want to show everyone how good I can be, and I'm sure he's going to come in really fired up. He said the other day that he wants a war, and that's what I plan on giving him."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home