Monday, June 16, 2008

Elcock Ready for Title Shot

Wayne Elcock sees Friday's first defence of the British Middleweight Title as the first step on the road back to the top. Birmingham's 'Mad Dog' was unsuccessful in a world title shot when he faced IBF champion Arthur Abraham in his last fight in December 2007. Elcock is confident he can secure another world title opportunity with a series of British Title defences. First up is Midlands rival Darren McDermott (Dudley), who is an unbeaten challenger for his belt at the SkyDome Arena Coventry on Friday, 20th June on a Hennessy Sports show in association with GoldenPalace.net. Sky Sports will televise the 'Battle of the Midlands' live. "I've still got enough time to achieve what I want to achieve in boxing," said Elcock. "I've had a taste of what it’s like in a world title fight – now I want more. "There's still plenty of time for me to get another world title shot. The journey back to the top starts here. "I believe I'm the best in Great Britain and in this fight I want to show people there is still a lot more to come from me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home