Monday, June 16, 2008

Maccarinelli on the Comeback Trail

Former WBO World Cruiserweight Champion Enzo Maccarinelli returns to action on Saturday 19th July when he headlines at the Aston Villa Events Centre as he aims to reclaim his title.This will be the Welshman's first fight since his loss to David Haye in March and he is out to prove that he is still a major force in the 200lb division." I'm back and I've got it all to prove to myself and the public," Said Big Mac." I was never going to let the loss to David Haye be the end of my career,"" Even though I was absolutely devastated and at the lowest point in my life, I knew in my heart that I couldn't go out on a loss like that,"" I was so frustrated with myself because I knew that I could have beaten Haye but at the end of the day it doesn't matter what has gone on outside of the ring, people will only remember what happened inside and on the night Haye was the better man and he beat me,"" Since then I've re-grouped, got my head together and now I'm raring to get back into the ring once again,"" People will be questioning whether I am lacking confidence or I'm gun shy but from the first bell they will see that I mean business,"Maccarinelli will feature in a ten-round contest and an opponent will be announced shortly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home