Friday, June 05, 2009

Khan's World Title Ambition

Amir Khan has vowed to bring a world title back to Britain this summer, but says he is "gutted" for David Haye after he pulled out of his fight against Wladimir Klitschko because of a back injury. The Bolton hot-shot is training in Los Angeles for his own world title challenge at the O2 Arena in London on June 27 against Andreas Kotelnik - a week after Haye was due to meet Klitschko for the heavyweight crown. Khan said, "For any boxer, especially one challenging for a world title, pulling out because of an injury is soul-destroying but I hope the injury isn't too serious and the fight can be re-scheduled," "I'm really gutted for David because I hoped it would be a great couple of weeks for British boxing if he defeated Klitschko to win a world title and for me when I beat Kotelnik." "Britain only has one world champion at the moment so I hoped by the end of the summer we could have had at least three, but one thing's for sure I'm coming back with a world title around my waist." "For now if you want to see a British fighter beat a Ukrainian world champion it will only be in my fight against Kotelnik," The 21-year-old is being trained by the world's best trainer Freddie Roach who recently masterminded Manny Pacquiao's win over Ricky Hatton and Khan's great win over the legendary Marco Antonio Barrera. He added, "Training is going fantastic and I can't wait until June 27," "It's only a few weeks away now, but I feel in tremendous shape and ready to do the business against Kotelnik."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home