Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lebedev wants crack at the Cruiserweight Title

Cruiserweight sensation Denis Lebedev is gunning for a world title following his stoppage win over Enzo Maccarinelli at the M.E.N Arena on Saturday night. The Russian needed less than three rounds to beat former world champion Big Mac - and has thrown out a challenge to current world champs Tomasz Adamek, Guillermo Jones, Victor Ramirez and Giacobbe Fragomeni. "I am the best cruiserweight in the world and I am going to prove it over the next 12 months," said the undefeated 29-year-old known as the Red Express. "Everyone in the UK said that Maccarinelli would beat me, but I took him apart and proved that I belong at world level. "I will fight anyone, any place, any time. "I badly want to win a world title, but I can unify the division as well. "With my win over Maccarinelli I have moved up the WBO ratings, but I want all four world titles. "Adamek, Jones, Ramirez, Fragomeni - are you man enough to fight me?"I'm going to breath new life into the cruiserweight division and I'm going to knock out all the champions, so they better start doing their homework on me." Southpaw Lebedev, who is based in Moscow, has won all 18 of his professional fights, 13 by stoppage. Promoter Frank Warren added: "Denis showed on Saturday that he can begin a new era in cruiserweight boxing, and he is an exciting talent. "I'm working on getting him more big fights and he has the ability to go all the way and win multiple world titles."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home