Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Chisora to fight Baker

Derek Chisora will tackle Carl "The Fridge" Baker on February 13 at Wembley Arena in an eliminator for the British heavyweight title. Baker holds a win over Danny Williams, who pulled out of a clash with Chisora last week. Del Boy appears to be a man that few domestic heavyweights fancy facing, after English champion Tyson Fury headed to America rather than take on his UK rival. But Baker, who beat Williams in last year's Prizefighter tournament, has stepped up to the plate and is vowing to end Chisora's unbeaten record. However the Finchley hero, who will fight near his north London home, says that won't happen. "Baker's going to be tough, but I'm ready to knock him out and show I'm the best in Britain," stormed Chisora. "I'm disappointed that I won't be fighting for the British title against Williams, but my promoter Frank Warren has worked hard to make sure that this fight is an eliminator for the Lonsdale belt. "I'll get my hands on it later this year, and having to wait now will make it all the sweeter when I finally get to lift it. "I'm just glad that someone had the bottle to face me in the end. "Williams claimed he was injured, while Fury's got a big mouth but no guts to back it up. He's so scared of me I'm suprised he didn't go all the way to Australia. "Full respect to Baker for agreeing to the fight, but there's only one winner, and that's me." Baker, a 28-year-old southpaw from Sheffield who has previously won the British heavyweight title, insists that he will emerge victorious. "Chisora's an exciting young prospect but beating Williams had give me a massive confidence boost," he said. "I'm always in training, and although I've been given this fight at short notice, I'll be in great shape on the night. I'm not coming to London to make up the numbers. "It's always been my dream to win the British title and I'll be a step closer once I've knocked out Chisora."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home