Friday, January 15, 2010

Brook contests a Cold War

World title hopeful Krzysztof Bienias has warned Kell Brook that a harsh Polish winter has made him a hungry fighter ahead of their February 13 clash. Former European title challenger Bienias will take on rising British star Brook in an eliminator for the WBO World Welterweight crown at Wembley Arena on the huge Night of the Champion extravaganza promoted by Frank Warren. Both men are riding high in the WBO rankings, but Bienias says he'll come out on top in the fight after a tough training camp in his home city of Warsaw. While temperatures have plummeted in the UK over recent weeks, they've been even colder in Eastern Europe, but that hasn't stopped Bienias from getting in shape outdoors. "I've been breaking up blocks of ice with my fists," stormed Bienias. "Some people hate the freezing weather but for me I love it because it means I can train harder than ever. "Smashing ice has made my fists rock hard but it won't feel as good as breaking Brook's heart at Wembley Arena."He's a good young fighter but he's not faced anyone like me yet," Bienias, who is lost just three times in more than 40 outings, has also a secret weapon - a special Eastern European dessert that has given him his nickname, Kisiel. It consists of sweetened juice, thickened with arrowroot, cornstarch or potato starch and Polish vodka, and Bienias says he tucks into it every evening. "It gives me lots of strength after all that work in the snow," he revealed. "It's got a few added ingredients that I won't reveal, but it will mean that Brook will be feeling plenty of pain when I give him a serious beating at Wembley. I might have a sweet nickname but I'll be leaving a nasty taste in Brook's mouth." Night of the Champions features the exciting heavyweight showdown between British heavyweight champion Danny Williams and Commonwealth champion Sam Sexton; Kevin Mitchell's WBO Intercontinental Lightweight title defence; Kell Brook's WBO Intercontinental Welterweight title challenge; Derek Chisora versus Matt Skelton for the Vacant English Heavyweight Championship; The Olympians James DeGale, Frankie Gavin and Billy Joe Saunders; plus hot prospects Vinny Mitchell and Liam, Michael and Ryan Walsh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home