Monday, June 23, 2008

Khan acknowledges the Fans in Birmingham

Commonwealth lightweight Champion Amir Khan has thanked the Birmingham public for coming out to watch him defend his title on Saturday night.Khan headlined at the National Indoor Arena in front of a capacity 10,000 crowd that had been sold out weeks in advance.The Bolton sensation made the fourth defence of his title against Michael Gomez in a thrilling fight that saw the 21-year-old floored in the second round to come back and win in stunning style in the fifth.It was the first time that Khan had boxed in Birmingham as a professional and he wants to return to the 'Second City' soon." I was stunned by the fantastic reception I got from the fight fans in Birmingham and that definitely gave me a big buzz going into the fight," Said Khan." The atmosphere was electric inside the arena and I could feel it building up while I was warming up in my dressing room,"" Michael Gomez is a proud warrior and he gave me one of the toughest nights of my career but I've showed that I've got a big heart and I give the crowd plenty of excitement when I fight,"" The fans were great and I hope that I can return to Birmingham soon,"Khan also praised the local prospects who also featured on the show.He added, "There are some great lads from the Midlands area coming through, my mate Don Broadhurst had a great win and is a tremendous prospect, as well as Thomas Costello, Curtis Woodhouse and Richard Collins."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home